"Those were hard things for me to come by, and I offer them to you for what they may be worth." - Toby Wolff



Friday, July 10, 2015

The Confusion of Trust



I think that we are made of the same stuff
heartache, confusion, distrust.

But you rebuff my allegiance,
and who the hell am I
to tell you otherwise.

We don't trust
we don't connect
and we don't rest.
Ever.

And so you can't
conceivably
trust
connect
rest
in me.

It sucks being on the other side
of the plate I offer
to others.

No one is sated.
No one leaves the table full.
Everyone is looking over their shoulder
at the next
rape.

And yet
it is the next
rest.


5 comments:

  1. we're all, at least those cognizant of our own foibles, in the same boat.
    The Tao is scripted in say ...the 'one' is everything; pain joy, good, bad, cloudy, sunny, syncopy, dissonance, life, death...we are given the gift of choice whether to accept or not to. acceptance provides contentment the opposing choice perpetuates anguish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the same stuff… Enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it horrifying & sad that those closest to us know us the least. I don't know one single person who knows my true heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how did I miss this? I miss The Ms. Annie..I,need to do better, reckon? glenn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for listening.